Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hair Care

Hair Care

Hair Care by enidfong


My hair has gotten long and I recently went to my hair stylist to get a trim.  One of the difficult things about long hair is that eventually the ends of your hair become dry, brittle and damaged.  Hair stylists usually recommend getting a trim about every 8 weeks to 10 weeks to keep hair healthy.  Although its nice to get a trim that often, its not always possible since we're busy people or your just plain broke since your stylist charges you and arm and a leg for every cut! 


To protect your hair and delay that trim for a couple extra weeks, I use a trick when I condition my hair every time I shampoo.   I've been doing this for a while now and it definitely helps my hair from getting as dry. 

All you need is a shower cap.  When I first hop into the shower, I'll shampoo my hair first.  Then I rinse and put the conditioner on.  Next, I'll take the shower cap and tuck all my hair inside of it.  This helps soften your hair because all your hair is tucked inside the cap trapping more heat allowing the conditioner to penetrate better into every strand.  I leave it on for a few minutes, and then take this time to wash my face, body, or shave, etc.  By the time I finish the rest of my shower, the last thing I do is take off the shower cap and rinse my hair. 

Another reason why I do this is whenever you shampoo your hair, if its long, it will touch the rest of your body when you shower.  Your body wash or soap will get on the ends of your hair, further drying it up even more.  Soap and shampoos strip and dry out hair.  That is why you always hear hair stylists say that its not good to wash your hair everyday.  Before, I used to just clip my hair up when I lathered myself up, until I realized that putting it in a shower  cap with the conditioner on worked way better.  


I do this every time I shampoo and condition.  I also use this same trick once or twice a week with a thicker hair mask.  Although there are lots of very good hair masks out there, one that I recommend is the Pantene Pro-V Restore Beautiful Lengths Replenishing Mask.  I've tired it and its much cheaper than the high end hair care brands out there and still works well when I use the shower cap trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment