Monday, November 21, 2011

How To Get A Natural Look With False Lashes

DUO Eyelash Adhesive/ Ardell DuraLash Naturals Flare (knot free)





To get beautiful natural looking lashes with falsies I usually use individual lashes.  They are a little bit trickier to apply then the strip kind but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier and makes a much better natural looking impact.  The trick to making it look natural is by only applying a few (about 4-6) individual lashes to the outer corners of your eyes and not the whole length of your eye.

I first start out by lining my lash line with black eyeliner.  This helps to hide any imperfections when applying the individual eyelashes.  Next, I lightly curl my own lashes and then I apply the lashes one by one starting at the outer corner of my eye first.  There are different sizes for individual lashes (long, medium, short), so based on your eyelash length you can pick the size that most suits you.  For example, my natural eyelashes are not extremely long, so to make it look natural, I usually skip the long and use the medium on the outer corner and then add a couple short ones to blend into my natural lashes as I get towards the middle of my eye.  To finish off, I wait for the glue to dry and then LIGHTLY curl my natural eyelashes together with the false ones in place by slightly pumping the eyelash curler without tugging too hard.  Then, I take mascara and blend the false lashes together with my real lashes.  
I like using Ardell's DuraLash Naturals individual lashes with the knot free kind.  They look more natural without the little black knots on the end which hold the little hairs together.  These individual lashes are inexpensive and work well.  I usually find the knot free kind at Sally Beauty supply stores, but you can look online as well and they are inexpensive and work great.  

My favorite eyelash glue is DUO Adhesive.  I personally like the clear (white) kind but they also have a tinted darker color as well.  You can find DUO almost anywhere and it is very inexpensive as well.  This is the same kind that MAC Cosmetics sells with their lashes but I recommend not buying it at the MAC counter because you can usually find it for cheaper at the drugstores.  

Try this next time and see if your friends can tell if they are real or fake.  I love this trick because it looks way less obvious then the strip eyelashes and will definitely make your eyes look larger and brighter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment