Thursday, August 2, 2012

BB Cream!

 
Seems like lately, BB Creams, aka Blemish Balms, are popping up everywhere.  They've actually been around for a over a decade now and I tested some out a few years ago but back then it was little known in the U.S. and mainly very popular overseas for Asian women.  BB Creams originally were invented for the purpose of a soothing balm for patients that underwent laser skin treatments.  Surgeons and dermatologists would have their patients use this balm to regenerate and protect the skin after these strong skin treatments. 

Its popularity started later when the Korean beauty markets starting using it for beauty purposes only.  It became popular because it was lighter than foundation, acted as a moisturizer and protected and treated skin.  Once celebrities took notice, this stuff spread like wild fire and now its making its way over to the U.S.  

Since people have been asking me about BB Creams I decided to pick Dr. Jart's Premium Beauty Balm, SPF 45, (mainly because its summer and has higher SPF then other brands.)  I also choose this brand because Dr. Jart's is one of the earlier pioneers of the BB Creams in Korea and it makes me feel like they've had more time to perfect the product.  

I tried on the product and at first wasn't very sure if I liked it that much.  I don't normally wear foundation so it did feel like I had a thin layer of something on my face and I also looked ashy when I had just put it on.  However, I continue on with the rest of my makeup and after a few minutes it finally sinks into your skin and looks pretty flawless to me.  After a few more tries I'm starting to really like this product A LOT. I don't have to put on concealer on several areas of my face anymore and it has a high SPF so I can skip the sunscreen step!  It hides pores well and moisturizes my face.  I still have to put moisturizer under it because I have very dry skin but for those of you that don't, this can definitely be a one step process for you.  Remember though, this is not a foundation, and that's why there is only one color, you need to let the product sink into your skin for a few minutes to blend beautifully.  I also have light to medium color skin so I'm not sure how this will work if you have really dark skin.  But other than that, I really love this product and highly recommend everyone to at least give this a try.  Its much better for your skin than foundation and treats it at the same time. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment